You are never too old to enjoy the benefits of learning to swim.
Our progressive adult learn to swim program caters to a wide range of abilities and individual needs. From complete beginner to a more advanced swimmer, our carefully tailored classes help improve your stroke technique and stamina regardless of your starting point.
Our qualified instructors make you feel at ease as they tailor each class to suit your learning requirements.
Becoming a proficient swimmer will enable you to safely enjoy aquatic environments with friends and family and know that you have gained a life-saving skill you will retain for life. You will also be able to participate in swimming, a great low impact, whole body exercise and a fantastic way of strengthening your heart and increasing your lung capacity.
Catering to a wide range of abilities
Qualified instructors help you feel at ease
You are never too old to enjoy and feel safe around water
Our adult swimmers come to us with a range of goals, below are some examples:
- To train for police and army entrance exams
- To overcome a fear of water
- To learn how to not be so puffed or tired while swimming
- To learn how to tread water
- To train for a fun swim or triathlon
- To get faster by improving technique
- For parents wanting to learn the basics to keep up with their children
- To feeling safe while enjoying yourself at the beach and inland waterways
- To cross train for other sports to improve fitness
- Adult Beginner: designed to get complete beginners comfortable in the water. Breath control, floating, water safety skills and kicking are introduced.
- Adult Intermediate: for adults with limited swimming experience. Lessons introduce and develop freestyle side breathing and provide stroke correction over a short distance (8-12 metres).
- Adult Advanced: for adults with previous swimming experience. Introduction to distance and strength training with detailed stroke correction using a 25m lane. Classes are tailored to the needs and goals of the students.
Lessons offered 7 days a week
Contact us to inquire about available timeslots;
Lessons run out of Aqualink Box Hill and Box Hill South Centre;
30 minutes per lesson;
4 students per class maximum;
Classes run according to school terms.
Please contact the center you wish to swim at for class times and further information.
What to bring to your lesson?
Goggles and a water bottle are recommended.
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term;
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees;
- Students will receive 15% discount on their second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offer two make up classes per term if you are unable to attend a lesson and notify the swim school prior to the absence. Your make up class is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for two or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of you student’s absence prior to their lesson.