Our inclusive swimming classes are designed to assist students with a physical or intellectual disability transition to the learn to swim program. For those who are unable to transition, we aim to teach safety and swimming skills to the best possible standard the child can achieve.
There are two types of classes offered:
Capped group classes
Offered in our learn to swim program. The classes are capped at a reduced number to ensure all students are receiving equal attention. Please ensure when enrolling that you inform our customer service staff of any particular needs so the teacher can be informed and prepare accordingly. If requesting a group lesson, we require a letter from your child’s doctor or other treating practitioner that confirms how your child’s particular needs may best be served in smaller group class.
While we strongly encourage students to enter group lessons as this helps develop the student’s social skills. If your child’s particular needs are best suited to 1:1 classes to keep your child concentrating and developing their swimming and water safety skills, private lessons may be the best option for you. If requesting a private lesson, we require a letter from your child’s Doctor or other treating practitioner that confirms how your child’s particular needs may impact their or other student’s learning if entered in a group lesson. After one term, if the child is deemed to be suitable for a group class by the teacher, we will move them across to a capped group class.
Catering to a wide range of abilities and needs
We work with you to learn how your child learns best
We select a teacher that would be most suitable for your child’s needs
Capped or Private classes
- Capped group classes and private lessons work to the same program as our mainstream lessons;
- Progressions are based on our learn to swim program but adapted if the student is unable to physically achieve a skill;
- Once the student reaches squad level, they will have the option to enter fitness squad or our competitive squad or multi-class squad, dependent on their goals and swimming ability.
Call or email us for more information or to sign up.
Lessons offered 7 days a week
Contact us to inquire about available time slots;
Lessons run out of Aqualink Box Hill and Box Hill South Centre;
30 minutes per lesson;
Classes run according to school terms.
Please contact the center you wish to swim at for class times and further information.
If your child is hypersensitive to sound, please only book at our Box Hill South centre as the Aqualink Box Hill centre has a playground that can get noisy.
What to bring to your lesson?
Goggles are recommended.
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term;
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees;
- Students will receive 15% discount on their second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offer one make up class per term if you are unable to attend a lesson and notify the swim school prior to the absence. Your make up class is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for two or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of you student’s absence prior to their lesson.