Guided by our specially trained instructors, you will learn to gently and safely introduce your child to water. Our instructors will not force development on them, but rather nurture confidence through songs and activities so as your child’s self-assurance grows, you will help them learn swimming skills such as breath control and propulsion.
Offered 7 days a week, your 30-minute class provides a great opportunity for mum, dad, nan or pa to spend special one-on-one time bonding with the child.
Research has shown, the importance of swimming lessons at this age transcends water safety. Did you know children who undertake lessons from an early age are, on average, 6 to 15 months ahead of non-swimmers when it comes to solving math problems, counting, language and following instructions? To read more about “The Early Learning Swimming Project” at the Griffith University and the connection of learning to swim and education please click here.
Great opportunity to bond with your child;
We never force development but rather nurture confidence;
We provide a gentle introduction to water and swimming skills
- Tiny Tots: 6 months to 12 month olds. Games and songs are used to teach buoyancy, water familiarisation, propulsion and grasping. This is a great class to introduce your child to the water or to extend them if you have been practicing regularly.
- Tots: 1 to 2 year olds. Building from the previous level, students are introduced to safety entries, breathing control, floating, climbing and propulsion.
- Water Confidence: 2 to 3 year olds. Confidence is built in this level as games and activities with aids are introduced. Skills are further developed around safety entries, breathing control, floating, climbing and propulsion.
At the end of our Infant Program, your child will be more confident and ready to swim without their carer in a Pre Foundation class as part of our Pre School Program.
Call or email us for more information or to make a class booking.
Lessons offered 7 days a week
Contact us to find a class at a time that suits your family.
30 minutes per lesson;
6 students per class maximum;
Classes run during Victorian school terms.
Please contact the center you wish to swim at for class times and further information.
At Aqualink Box Hill we have a Warm Water Pool (34 degrees) and Learner’s pool (30 degrees) to choose from. If you have a preference of pool, please state this when making your booking.
What to bring to your lesson?
A waterproof nappy is required if your child is not toilet trained. Goggles are recommended but not required.
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term;
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees;
- Students will receive 15% discount on their second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offer one make up class per term. To qualify for a make up class you must have notified the swim school prior to the absence. Your make up class is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for two or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of your child’s absence prior to their lesson.