- These classes are with a parent and child in the water
- Teaching your child to swim at an early age is great for parent/child bonding and can help increase confidence and adaptability in other areas of an infant’s life
- These classes provide your child with a gentle introduction and awareness to water while developing swimming skills through repetition of songs and activities
- At the end of the program, your child should be ready for independent swimming with a teacher
- Students progressing through this program handle preschool classes with more confidence than students with no previous lesson experience
- Progression through levels is based on age
We offer swimming lessons for infants and toddlers aged between 6 months and 3.5 years. These parent and child classes provide a gentle introduction to the water and develop swimming skills with songs and activities. Once your child is 3 years or older, they will have a solid foundation to progress to our preschool program. All classes run according to the school terms and provide free access to the pool for the student and one accompanying adult on their lesson day.
What to bring?
A waterproof nappy is required if your child is not toilet trained. Goggles are recommended but not required.
- Tiny Tots: infants 6 months to 12 months. A gentle introduction to the water for new bubs and parents. Lessons held in the warm water pool
Tots: infants 1 year to 2 years old. Building water confidence through games and activities. Classes held in the warm water pool or learner’s pool
Water Confidence: toddlers 2 years to 3.5 years old. Encourages independence through water familiarization games and activities. Classes held in the warm water pool or learner’s pool
Our infant program directly transfers to our Pre-foundation level in our preschool program. Click here for more information.
If you have a preference to swim in either the warm water pool or learners pool please mention this to our customer service team when enrolling.
8:30am to 12:30pm
8:30am to 1:00pm
$16.00/per lesson *as of Term 3 2017
30 minutes per lesson
6 students per class maximum
Call or email us for more information or to sign up.
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term.
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees.
- Students will receive 10% discount on the second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offers up to two make up classes per term if you are unable to attend a lesson and notify the swim school prior to the absence. Make up classes are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for three or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of you student’s absence prior to their lessons.