At Surrey Park Swimming, children learn to swim independently from 3 years of age with one of our qualified instructors and progress through our Pre School program into the corresponding level for School-Age classes once they begin school.
Across our programs, we work hard at delivering our lessons in a fun and professional manner within a family-friendly environment as we believe children learn best when nurtured, engaged and having fun. We teach correct swimming technique throughout their swimming journey because being safe in the water is important to us and we believe that everyone should have the foundation to enable them to fully participate in the sport of swimming if that is the path they choose. We do this by logically stepping our swimmers through our progressive program once they master key skill sets. Beginning with building basic water skills, then progressing through to developing, refining and consolidating all four competitive strokes.
Trust between children and our instructors is imperative so they feel safe to enable them to try new things for the first time. Our class sizes reflect this ethos enabling for a more focused learning environment and individualised attention and feedback.
To ensure lessons are inclusive and enjoyable for swimmers of all ages and abilities we offer teen classes starting from 11 years of age. We recognise that children prefer to learn with swimmers their age, especially if they are new to swimming.
In Australia, we are surrounded by water and because of this, we incorporate water safety awareness into our lessons. We mimic real-life scenarios in which we teach students not only how to survive but also rescue in and around water. Your child will retain these essential skills for life.
We would love you to be part of the Surrey Park family and join us in giving your child one of the most important skills they will gain in life.
Our lessons are fun;
Logical progressions allow for whole stroke development so your child is taught correct swimming technique;
We provide the best foundation possible for swimmers who are interested in training to swim competitively;
We offer teen grouped classes for 11 to 16 year olds.
Preschool Classes: 3 to 5 year olds
- Pre Foundation: an introduction to basic swimming and water safety skills;
- Pre Level 0: basic swimming skill development and an introduction to freestyle and backstroke;
- Pre Level 1: freestyle and backstroke development with an introduction to basic breaststroke skills;
- Pre Level 2: freestyle and backstroke consolidation and breaststroke development.
School Age Classes: 5 years plus
- Foundation: introduction of basic swimming and water safety skills;
- Level 0: basic swimming skill development and an introduction to freestyle and backstroke;
- Level 1: freestyle and backstroke development with an introduction to basic breaststroke skills;
- Level 2: freestyle and backstroke consolidation and breaststroke development;
- Level 3: freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke consolidation and an introduction to turns;
- Level 4: freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke consolidation, turns development and an introduction to butterfly stroke;
- Level 5: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and turns consolidation and butterfly development;
- Development squad: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and turns consolidation;
- Once your child has progressed through Development Squad they will move into Fitness Squad or Competitive Swimming Squads depending on their swimming goals and ability.
Teen Classes: 11 to 16 years of age
- Teen Beginner: basic swimming skill development and an introduction to freestyle and backstroke
(Foundation/Level 0 equivalent)
- Teen Intermediate: freestyle and backstroke consolidation and breaststroke development
(Level 1 – 2 equivalent)
- Teen Advanced: freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke consolidation and turns development and butterfly introduction (Level 3+ equivalent)
Call us or email us for more information or to sign up.
Aqualink Box Hill: 9898 8876
Box Hill South: 8899 6476
Lessons offered 7 days a week
Contact us to inquire about available timeslots;
30 minutes per lesson;
Pre School Classes (3 to 5 years): 4 students per class maximum;
School Age Classes (5 years +): 4 to 6 students per class maximum (level dependant);
Classes run according to school terms;
Private lessons are subject to availability.
Please contact the center you wish to swim at for class times and further information.
What to bring to your lesson?
Goggles are recommended
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term;
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees;
- Students will receive 15% discount on their second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offer one make up class per term if you are unable to attend a lesson and notify the swim school prior to the absence. Your make up class is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for two or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of you student’s absence prior to their lesson.