These squads provides a fun introduction to swimming training. Students will build stamina, technique and learn useful skills for school swimming carnivals, pool parties and trips to the beach. After completing development squad students will progress into Fitness Squad, alternatively if they wish to progress into competitive swimming they can seek to join the Junior Squad. Progression is determined by student’s commitment levels and goals for swimming. Squad sessions also cater to multi-class swimmers (option to swim competitively) and adult squad swimmers.
What to bring
Swimming caps, goggles and water bottles are required at each training session. Kick boards and flippers may be required but can be borrowed from the Surrey Park Swimming store room after you speak with your coach.
After completing School Age Level 5 students will progress into the Development squad to achieve a well-rounded swimming education.
- Development squad builds distance and strength in freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, while refining racing skills and survival strokes
- Students can do a second session a week at no extra charge
- The second session is recommended after the first term in this level
Upon completion of this level your swimmer can move to one of the following options:
- Fitness squad (recreational) (please see below)
- Junior squad (competition) with Surrey Park Swimming’s competitive squads. Please click here for more information
Movement between Fitness squad and Junior squad is possible.
- Aims to improve technique and general fitness
- Fitness squad is a great option for anyone wanting to do some cross training or to continue swimming training with busy schedules
- Swimmers should be comfortable swimming for 90 minute sessions and completing an average of 3km per session
- There are no minimum training requirements for this squad, maximum of 3 sessions per week
- For people who have a physical or intellectual disability
- These students are unable to participate in mainstream squads
- All sessions are held in the indoor 25m pool at Aqualink Box Hill
- For those who graduate from advanced lessons or middle aged adults with previous swimming experience
- This squad works on increasing stamina and speed and can be tailored to upcoming fun swims or other events that swimmers are aiming towards
- New drills, sets and the pace clock are introduced and can be tailored to upcoming fun swims or personal goals
- Sessions are held in the indoor 25m pool
6:30pm to 7:30pm
Tuesday to Friday
7:00pm to 8:30pm
7:30pm to 8:30pm
7:30pm to 8:30pm
Development Squad: $20.50 per lesson *as of Term 3 2017
Fitness and Multiclass Squads: $23.00 per week *as of Term 3 2017
Adult Squad: $22.00 per week *as of Term 3 2017
Call or email us for more information or to sign up.
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term.
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees.
- Students will receive 10% discount on the second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offer one make up class per term if you are unable to attend a lesson and notify the swim school prior to the absence. Make up classes are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for three or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of you student’s absence prior to their lessons.