- We group your child with swimmers of similar abilities as we recognise that children start their journey with us possessing varying levels of skills and water confidence irrespective of age
- Our levels start with building water confidence in children and step them progressively through introduction, development, refinement and finally consolidation of all four competitive strokes and skills
- All of our lessons incorporate a component of water safety. In addition, each term we provide a level specific water safety week to educate your child on surviving in and around water
- We introduce students to the sport of swimming with opportunities to participate in skill sessions with our competitive squad coaches and carnivals based on participation and fun
- Progression through our levels is based on ability and students are moved up when they are ready during the term
For children who are 5 years or older and attending school. Our program has been carefully designed to allow your child to become the best swimmer they can be. School age programs run at both Aqualink Box Hill and Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club. If you are interested in lessons at Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club, one family member must be a current registered member. Our Kooyong program is suitable for school-age children that are comfortable in 1.0 m pool depths.
Foundation: An introduction. Students learn breathing control, floating, kicking and basic freestyle
Level 0: Introduction to freestyle and backstroke and developing the basic skills
Level 1: Freestyle breathing and backstroke development with an introduction to basic breaststroke skills
- Level 2: Consolidating freestyle and backstroke and developing breaststroke
- Breaststroke kick only classes – these classes were created to help those students arriving from another center or with all level 2 criteria completed except breaststroke kick and arms
- Level 3: Freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke consolidation and tumble turn introduction
- Level 4: Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke refinement and butterfly development
- Level 5: Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly consolidation and refinement
- Development Squad: Click here to learn more about development squad and how you can progress further
4:00pm to 7:00pm
8:30am to 5:00pm
8:30am to 1:30pm
$20.00/per lesson *as of Term 3 2017
30 minutes per lesson
4 students maximum
(Level 0 and below)
5 students maximum
(Level 1 to 3)
6 students maximum
(Level 4 and above)
Call or email us for more information or to sign up.
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term.
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees.
- Students will receive 10% discount on the second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offers up to two make up classes per term if you are unable to attend a lesson and notify the swim school prior to the absence. Make up classes are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for three or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of you student’s absence prior to their lessons.