Our beginner diving program introduces your child to the fun sport of diving at our Aqualink Box Hill facility.
If your child is 5 years and over and confident in deep water then this beginner learn to dive program is a great introduction to the world of diving. Your child will be introduced and exposed to forward and backward jumps, dives, twists, tucks and somersaults. Diving goes hand in hand with swimming and gymnastics, teaching your child useful motor skills, body awareness and transferable sports skills.
Divers gain pool access on the day of their enrolled lesson. Diving boards are open to the public on Monday and Friday afternoons during the school term, providing a great way to practice what they have learnt during the lesson.
A great introduction to the sport of diving;
Flip, somersault, twist and tuck.
- Jumps and dives from the wall
- Jumps and dives from the 1m springboard
- Jumps and forward fall from the 3m springboard
Beginner level 2
- Jumps, dives, tucks, pikes and peanut rolls from the 1m board
- Jumps dives and pikes from the 3m springboard
After Beginner level 2, students are encouraged to continue to a diving club. We would be happy to provide you with recommendations once ready.
Once having mastered our beginner diving skill sets, divers are recommended to join a diving club.
Diving lessons are offered at Aqualink Box Hill;
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday;
Lessons run for 45 minutes;
Maximum 7 students per lesson;
Lessons run according to school terms.
You just need to bring yourself. Goggles can fall off or hurt you while diving, so you do not need to bring them.
- Students will receive 15% discount on the second lesson enrolled in per week during the term;
- The 3rd child and any thereafter enrolled from one family will receive 15% discount on term lesson fees;
- Students will receive 15% discount on their second or third week enrolled in during the holiday intensive program.
Missed a lesson?
Surrey Park Swimming offer one make up lesson per term if you are unable to attend a lesson and notify the swim school one hour prior to the absence. Your make up class is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
Surrey Park Swimming does not offer refunds.
If your child is unwell for two or more consecutive lessons, provide a dated medical certificate to Surrey Park Swimming reception to be considered for a credit. Credits will only be considered if you have notified the swim school of you student’s absence prior to their lesson.